20 July 2013

My Garden

My place I can be in I said.
Surrounded in things that have grown.
It clears my mind and my head,
Peacefully being alone.
Informal edges quite wild.
So natural seems this man-made space.
The breeze is warm and mild.
It feels that the world meant this place.
The pond's nestled down in its space.
Fish, plants and creatures reside.
Lush and green, my watery place,
A place to just be beside.
Shed stands sturdy. English and proud.
It's stood for years in its place.
Sun-baked wood has paled now.
It's sense of belonging, so great.

My beautiful gate of Provence blue. 
Before it was nothing, just plain.
Now is perfect, a perfect hue.
Just a gate, but never the same.

~ The End ~ 

"If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden" -Frances Hodgson Burnett. The Secret Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment